1. The USA’s National Space Society had their machinima awards ceremony last weekend, in conjunction with the University of Western Australia. There’s some superb machinima featured – you can view them all here.
Also, don’t forget to check out the May winners of the UWA’s 3D Art competition, or go have a look yourself in-world. The scope and quality of the work on the UWA sim never ceases to amaze me – it would now have to be one of the largest virtual world art repositories.
2. Mandy Salomon has a good piece on the troughs and crests of virtual worlds adoption by business and government.
3. Koinup have announced they have an app for the iPhone / iPad under development called Metaverse Wallpapers.
4. Speaking of iPhone / iPad apps: we’ve added some more feeds to our Metaverse Reader app, including the Second Life Grid Status feed. If you use the app and have a feed you’d like to see added – drop us a line.
5. One of those new-fangled web-based virtual worlds, Habbo Hotel, has just turned 10.